Dienstag, 11. Januar 2011

Stephen Dorff Takes Britney Spears' 'Everytime' Scene By Scene

'Somewhere' actor recalls details about working with Britney on the 2004 video.By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Josh Horowitz





Britney Spears and Stephen Dorff in the music video for "Everytime"

Photo: Jive




Six-and-a-half years ago Britney Spears and Stephen Dorff documented the ups and downs of celebrity romance and celebrity life in the somewhat dark clip for the pop singer's single "Everytime," off her 2003 album, In the Zone. When MTV News had Dorff come into the office recently to chat about his new film, Sofia Coppola's "Somewhere," we had him take us through the memorable 2004 video scene by scene.

"It was a little weird. [Director David LaChapelle] just told me to dis her and just kind of ignore her so I was just playing like a boyfriend in a fight," the actor recalled of his opening limo scene with Spears, in which the two were surrounded by paparazzi. "This is our take on paparazzos too. They put prosthetic noses on all of them, which is funny. You see how they all look kind of weird. You see all the noses."
As the clip progresses, after Dorff and Spears scuffle with the paps, they make their way to their hotel room. "They said, 'Start breaking stuff,' [and] I said, 'All right,' " he explained. "They had all this fake glass, so I just started kicking stuff. It was actually kind of fun." When it came to the pivotal part of the clip where Dorff comes to a drowning Britney's aid, he said he was responsible for most of the scene. "That was my idea. I knew I had to save her in the bathtub, but it was my idea to go in with the shoes and the jeans and just kind of find her," he said. "First they had me change into my boxers. I was like, 'I don't think he has time. She's dying.' So I just go in."
While the "Everytime" clip certainly touches on some dark topics, Dorff admits that it could have been even darker. "There was an original video, too, which was a lot darker. It was like much more like a suicide type video with pills and wine. It was a little dark probably for the fans," he said. "She originally died in the video and then in this video she wakes up in the end."
Dorff says his general feeling about the shoot was that it was a joy to work with Spears, who is set to release new music this year. "She was very nice. She thanked me for doing it early in the day. She was very sweet," he explained, adding that they only spoke a few more times after filming the clip.
"I haven't seen her in years. She had her family and stuff. I hope she's doing good."



Related Videos


Frame By Frame: Stephen Dorff Breaks Down Britney Spears' 'Everytime'


Related Artists


Britney Spears

The Avatars of Second Life The Pussycat Dolls Thora Birch Tila Tequila

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen