Sonntag, 21. August 2011

Charlene Fang: Singapore curry debate on the nose

Before I begin, let me state that I love my curries and, yes, they are pungent, often overpoweringly so.

Curries are essential to my identity as a Singaporean.

Growing up, my mother?s chicken curry was a highly anticipated meal. It was my mother who taught me how to cook a proper curry before I left for university. When I moved out with my best friend, a curry was often whipped up in honor of an overseas guest. Today, as we juggle our busy schedules, a meal at Samy?s Curry is usually the default choice between buddies.And, yes, in all instances, L'Eau de Curry was a point of contention but the complaints stopped once the eating started.
var OutbrainPermaLink = 'http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/life/charlene-fang-much-ado-about-curry-267551';
var OB_raterMode = 'none';
var OB_recMode = 'strip';
var OBITm = '1303190744';
var OB_langJS = 'http://widgets.outbrain.com/lang_en.js';
var OB_showRec = false;
if ( typeof(OB_Script)!='undefined' )
OutbrainStart();
else
{
var OB_Script = true;
var str = "";
document.write(str);
}

read more

Halle Berry Hayden Panettiere Haylie Duff Heidi Klum

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen